VENUS AMAZING RING RACE
*** After careful consideration, and in light of many ongoing circumstances, we are postponing the Venus Amazing Ring Race to Spring 2021. We remain excited to host this incredible event next year and will get back to you with more information on specific dates in the coming months. We thank you for following along and look forward to delivering the spectacular race you all deserve!***
Venus Jewelers is giving away a $10,000 Verragio diamond engagement ring. Couples will complete a series of challenges for their chance to win the ultimate grand prize, a diamond engagement ring! All you need to participate is your partner and your running shoes!
Couples will compete in ten challenges— including a grand finale scavenger hunt testing their ability to work together and keep cool under pressure— to earn points for a chance to win a $10,000 Verragio diamond engagement ring.
Couples who are interested in getting engaged within the next year are eligible to enter. Married and already engaged couples are ineligible.
Finalists will be chosen by Venus Jewelers and announced by Nov 2, 2020.
A Diamond Engagement Ring By Award Winning Designer Verragio: Renaissance style featuring a lab grown center diamond with total value of $10,000.
HOW TO ENTER
HOW TO ENTER
Post A Picture on Instagram
Post your favorite couple’s photo on Instagram, tell us your love story, and why you want to race. Tag #VenusAmazingRingRace, and tag @venusjewelers and @jasonthegemologist. *Please note your profiles must be set to public.* Deadline for entry is November 1 2020, 11:59pm EST.
You will receive a DM that we have received your entry. Couples must certify the following eligibility requirements: 1. Currently in a relationship with partner, 2. Not married or engaged and may consent to a background check, 3. Will get engaged within one year of receiving the ring, or will return the ring to Venus Jewelers
Based on caption and photo(s), Venus Jewelers will choose our raceday finalists to be announced on November 2, 2020 on the Venus Jewelers Instagram page.
The Last Step
Donate by November 5th
Finalists will be asked to donate $100 (per team) to our charitable partner, the Franklin Township Food Bank (yes, you can crowdsource this!). Post a screenshot of completed donation on Instagram with #VenusAmazingRingRace and tag @venusjewelers and @jasonthegemologist before November 5, 2020.
GET READY TO RACE!
Rally and build support for your team using #VenusAmazingRingRace and #VenusJewelers. Tell us how excited you are for game day, and what your plans are for the ultimate grand prize!
Get to the starting line
The adventure begins at 11am sharp at Venus Jewelers. Pick up your t-shirts and get ready to race!
The “VENUS JEWELERS AMAZING RING RACE” CONTEST
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER TO WIN.
A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The “Venus Jewelers Amazing Ring Race Contest” (the “CONTEST”) is open to legal residents of the United States who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry. Employees, officers, directors of Venus Jewelers, LLC, d/b/a and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, retailers, distributors, suppliers, advertising, promotion and production agencies (collectively, the “Released Parties”) and their immediate families (parents, children, siblings and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and those living in their household, whether or not related are not eligible to participate to win. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited by law.
2. CONTEST DATES: The Contest will consist of a submission period during which entrants may submit their stories and a participation period during which the selected entrants may participate in the event. The submission period will begin at 9:00am Eastern Time (“ET”) on October 12, 2020 and end at 11:59pm ET on November 1, 2020 (“Submission Period”). The participation period will begin at 11:00am ET on Nov 14, 2020 and end at 5:00pm ET on November 14, 2020. (“Participation Period”).
IMPORTANT NOTE: Sponsor does not guarantee the opportunity to participate in the Contest.
3. HOW TO SUBMIT AN ENTRY: Entrants must enter this Contest in teams of two (2) individuals (each, a “Team”). Each Team member must be eligible according to these Official Rules to be eligible. Each team must consist of a “couple.” Engaged and already married couples are ineligible. A background check and waiver must be signed to certify relationship status. The winning couple must get engaged within a one year period. If the couple does not get engaged, the ring must be returned to Venus Jewelers. Teams must select one (1) Team member to submit an Entry on behalf of the Team (“Team Rep”). The Team Rep will be the contact person for the Team and will be authorized to make all decisions on behalf of the Team with respect to this Contest. During the Submission Period, each Team will submit a picture and a caption on Instagram that describes your love story, why you and your Team member wish to participate in this Contest, and why you would like to win the prize (collectively, with entry form, “Entry”). The post should include #venusamazingringrace and tag @venusjewelers and @jasonthegemologist. The Instagram page must be set to “public” during the submission and participation period. Limit of one (1) Entry per Team. Entries received in excess of the stated limitation from any Team will be void. Each individual participating in this Contest may only be a member of one (1) Team. All required information must be completed to be considered. Incomplete Entries will be disqualified. Proof of entering information at the Website is not considered proof of delivery to or receipt by Contest Entities of such Entry. Venus Jewelers will contact the Team to get additional info after receipt of post. Both team members must provide a valid email address and mobile phone number. In the event of a dispute regarding the individual who actually submitted an Entry, the Entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address supplied at the time of Entry, as applicable he/she must comply with these Official Rules. If a dispute cannot be resolved to Contest Entities’ satisfaction, the Entry will be deemed ineligible.
Entry must (i) be Team’s own original work, (ii) be in English, (iii) cannot be previously published or submitted in connection with any other promotion, (iv) be in keeping with the Sponsor’s image and (v) not be offensive or inappropriate, as determined by the Contest Entities in their sole discretion; nor can it defame or invade publicity rights or privacy of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringe upon any person’s person or property rights or any other third party rights. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Entry that it determines, in its sole discretion, is offensive or inappropriate, not in keeping with Sponsor’s image or that is otherwise not incompliance with these Official Rules.
The Released Parties shall not be responsible for lost, late, stolen, incomplete, misdirected, garbled, damaged, delayed, incorrect or inaccurate Entries or entry information whether caused by Internet users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest. Released Parties are not responsible for any technical, mechanical, electronic, computer, human, typographical, printing or other errors or problems which may occur in connection with the administration of the Contest, the processing and/or judging of Entries, the cancellation or postponement of any event, the determination of the Grand Prize winner, or in any other Contest-related materials. The Released Parties assume no responsibility or liability for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, theft or destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of Entries.
a. OPT-IN: By submitting an Entry , the Team Rep and Team member are opting in to the Contest and agree to accept additional email contact from Contest Entities only for promotional purposes. Standard data rates for data sent and received will apply. See your wireless service provider for pricing plan details and phone capabilities. Phone must be eligible according to these Official Rules to participate in this Contest. Data and wireless service are not available in all areas and not supported by all carriers.
b. OPT-OUT: Entrants may opt-out of receiving email contact from the Contest Entities for promotional purposes and at any time by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. An opt-out during the Submission Period and/or Participation Period by any Team member will result in the termination of that Team’s participation in this Contest.
4. USE OF ENTRIES: By submitting an Entry, Team members hereby grant to Sponsor a royalty free and fully paid up, irrevocable, perpetual and worldwide license to adapt, use, edit, publish and display the Entry in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, without compensation of any kind or further notice to or approval from the Team or any third party.
5. ENTRY JUDGING: All eligible Entries received by Sponsor will be judged by a panel of judges from or provided by the Contest Entities based on the following criteria: adherence to theme (25%), originality (25%), creativity (25%) and composition (25%). Sponsor reserves the right to choose the number of Finalists at its sole discretion if it does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified Entries or other applicable constrictions. Finalist status is subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. Determinations by the judges will be final and binding.
6. FINALIST NOTIFICATION: The Team Rep of the potential Finalist Team will be notified by email on or before November 2, 2020. Each potential Finalist (including his/her Team Member, together “Finalist Team”) must confirm eligibility, and both Team members will be required to execute and return an affidavit of eligibility and a liability and publicity release by November 4, 2020. Finalists will be asked to donate $100.00 directly to Franklin Township Food Bank to complete entry.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Potential Finalist Teams must be available to participate in the Contest.
7. EVENT & WINNER DETERMINATION: All members of each Finalist Team must attend the Contest, scheduled to take place on November 14, 2020 and be present at the designated time and place to be eligible. All members of each Finalist Team will be required to sign a waiver on location before participating in the Contest. All members of each Finalist Team must present themselves at the kickoff location of the Contest (as listed on the event URL (www.venusjewelers.com/amazingringrace) for registration at least ten (10) minutes prior to 11:00am EST on Nov 14, 2020 to be eligible. All Finalist Team members must complete designated challenges to score points. Challenges will only be available for the time period specified by Sponsor during the Contest. Each Finalist Team will have an attempt to complete a Challenge. Finalist Teams must not utilize any of the following modes of transportation while participating: Private Licensed Vehicles (personal cars, motorcycles, dirt bikes), bicycles, roller blades, skateboards, scooters, roller skates, Chartered Service Vehicles (limousines, rental buses, taxi cabs, etc.), or any kind of vehicle that is rented for a period of time. Mobility assistance vehicles (including motorized vehicles) by those who require them (only) shall be permitted, subject to the approval of the Contest Entities. The Contest Entities reserve the right to disqualify any Finalist Team for any conduct that in any way appears to inhibit, corrupt, or otherwise damage or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest, the Event, or the participation of any other Finalist Team. Subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules, the Finalist Team that earns the highest number of points will be deemed the winner. In the event a tie still exists, the Finalist Team who had the fastest time on the final challenge will be the winner. The correctness of answers will again be determined by a panel of judges from or provided by the Contest Entities and shall be final and binding. For the purposes of these Official Rules, each Team member of the winning Team shall be referred to herein as a “winner.” Prize awards are subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. The potential winning Team will be announced at a time and location to be specified by Sponsor during the Event. To be eligible to win the prize, the potential winning Team must be present during the announcement of the winner at the Event or prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to the next runner-up Team, at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Potential winning Team Rep and his/her Team member will be required to execute and return an affidavit of eligibility and a liability and publicity release, a Grand Prize Release form, and any other documents required by the date specified by Sponsor. Failure to sign and return documentation within the specified time period or noncompliance with these Official Rules by any potential winning Team member will result in disqualification of that Team and, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, a runner-up Team may be announced as the winner.
8. GRAND PRIZE (1): $10,000 14k white gold Verragio setting set with a lab-grown center diamond.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The Grand Prize will only be awarded to the Team Rep, as opposed to the other member of the Team. Approximate retail value (“ARV”) is $10,000. All prize details will be determined solely by Contest Entities in their sole discretion. Prize is not transferable and no substitutions or cash redemptions are allowed, except at the sole discretion of the Contest Entities, which reserve the right to substitute the prize with another one of comparable or greater value. All federal, state, and local taxes and any other costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided (including income taxes), are the responsibility of the winner, and the winner agrees to provide the Contest Entities with any information necessary or appropriate to enable the Contest Entities to comply with applicable tax laws and regulations. Acceptance of the prize constitutes permission for the Contest Entities and their respective designees to use the winner’s name, voice, likeness, statements, city and state of residence, photograph, image, quotations, and biographical information in connection with the Contest and the exploitation thereof (including, without limitation, for advertising and promotional purposes) in perpetuity, throughout the universe, in all media whether now known or hereafter devised, without additional compensation, notification or permission unless prohibited by law. All prize details will be determined solely by Contest Entities in their sole discretion.
9. GENERAL RELEASE/TERMS AND CONDITIONS: The Released Parties are not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate transfer of information, human error, technical malfunctions, lost/delayed data transmissions, omissions, interruption, deletion, defect, line failures of any telephone network, cable, satellite, Internet Service Provider (ISP), wireless service provider, cellular tower, computer equipment, or hardware or software or any combination thereof, inability to access web sites, damage to an entrant’s cell phone, computer system (hardware and software) due to participation in this Contest or any other problem or error that may occur. All Entries become property of the Contest Entities and will not be returned. Any entry information collected from the Contest shall be used in a manner consistent with the consent given by entrants at the time of entry, including, but not limited to, consent by entrants to receive marketing communications from the Contest Entities.
By entering this Contest, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules, and by the decisions of Contest Entities, which are final and binding in all respects relating to this Contest. Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information or technical failures of any kind, or (2 unauthorized human intervention, or any other unauthorized intervention in any part of the entry process, or the Contest. Further, if, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned due to virus, unauthorized intervention or for any reason which, in the sole opinion of Contest Entities, may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest (or portion thereof), Contest Entities reserve the right, at their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest (or any portion thereof) and, in the event the Contest is cancelled or terminated, to determine the winner among all eligible, non-suspect Entries and answers received prior to such cancellation or termination using the winner determination procedures outlined above. Contest Entities also reserve the right at their sole discretion to disqualify the Entry of any individual found to be (a) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or any website operated by the Contest Entities; (b) using any robotic, macro, automatic, programmed or like entry methods, which will void all such Entries; (c) violating these Official Rules, and/or any other general rules of any of the Contest Entities’ properties or services; or (d) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person, including the Sponsor.
By participating in the Contest, each entrant agrees that the Contest Entities have not made any warranty, representation or guarantee express or implied, in fact or in law, with respect to any prize and specifically disclaim all such warranties, including without limitation, the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. Prize will only be awarded to a verified winner. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, Released Parties are not responsible for the incorrect or inaccurate capture of information, or the failure to capture any information. In the event Contest Entities are prevented from awarding a prize or continuing with the Contest as contemplated herein by any event beyond their control, including but not limited to fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic of health or other means, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal state or local government law, order, or regulation, public health crisis (e.g. SARS), order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within Contest Entries’ control (each a “Force Majeure” event or occurrence), then subject to any governmental approval which may be required, Contest Entities shall have the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the Contest. If the Contest is terminated before the designated end date, Contest Entities reserve the option to (if possible) select the winner from all eligible, non-suspect Entries and answers received as of the date of the event giving rise to the termination using the winner determination procedure outlined above. Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to deliberately damage the Website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest, or to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person in connection with the Contest, is in violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Contest Entities reserve the right to disqualify to applicable individual and seek damages and other remedies (including attorneys’ fees) from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. If any provisions of these Official Rules are determined to be invalid or unenforceable, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision were not contained herein.
10. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: All entrants agree (i) to abide by the terms of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Contest Entities and judges which are final and binding in all matters relating to this Contest, and (ii) to waive, release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless the Released Parties from any & all claims, actions, and/or liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind, including death or damage to property arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from or in connection with participation in and/or for entry into this Contest, any related activities, acceptance or use/misuse of any prize won (including any travel or activity related thereto), or from any interaction with, or downloading of, computer Contest information.
11. PRIVACY: Except as provided in these Official Rules or as agreed to at time of entry, any entry information collected from the Contest shall be used in accordance with Venus Jewelers Privacy Statement.
12. GOVERNING LAW/JURISDICTION: ALL ISSUES AND QUESTIONS CONCERNING THE CONSTRUCTION, VALIDITY, INTERPRETATION AND ENFORCEABILITY OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES OR THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF ENTRANTS OR CONTEST ENTITIES IN CONNECTION WITH THE CONTEST SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE INTERNAL LAWS OF THE COMMONWEALTH OF NEW JERSEY WITHOUT GIVING EFFECT TO ANY CHOICE OF LAW OF CONFLICT OF LAW RULES OR PROVISIONS THAT WOULD CAUSE THE APPLICATION OF ANY OTHER STATE’S LAWS.
13. ARBITRATION PROVISION: By participating in this Contest, each entrant agrees that: (i) Any claim, dispute, or controversy arising out of, relating to, or connected in any way with this Contest, including, without limitation, the awarding of the prize or the determination of the scope or applicability of this agreement to arbitrate will be resolved exclusively by final private and binding arbitration conducted pursuant to the AAA’s Procedures for Consumer-Related Disputes in conjunction with the American Arbitration Association’s (“AAA”) Commercial Arbitration Rules (if and as applicable depending on the amount in controversy); (ii) the arbitration shall be held at the AAA regional office nearest the entrant; (iii) the arbitrator’s decision shall be controlled by the terms and conditions of these Official Rules and any of the other agreements referenced herein that the applicable entrant may have entered into in connection with this Contest; (iv) there shall be no authority for any claims to be arbitrated on a class or representative basis; and (v) the arbitrator shall not have the power to award punitive damages against the entrant or Contest Entities. In addition, if the entrant is able to demonstrate that the cost of arbitration will be prohibitive as compared to the costs of litigation, Contest Entities will pay as much of the entrant filing and hearing fees in connection with the arbitration as the arbitrator deems necessary to prevent the arbitration from being cost-prohibitive.
14. WINNER’S NAME: For the name of the winner, available after Nov 15th, 2020, send a self-addressed, stamped (#10) envelope to Venus Jewelers Amazing Ring Challenge Winner, c/o Venus Jewelers, 1024 Easton Avenue, Somerset, NJ 08873.
15. SPONSOR and ADMINISTRATOR: Venus Jewelers, 1024 Easton Avenue, Somerset, NJ 08873